Abbie has been in daycare since we have been back in Greenwood. If I counted it, she has probably spent more time out of daycare than she has in. She spent 3 days in the hospital in Greenwood with the stomach virus in December. Turns out she also had a ear infection appear in day 2 of the hospital stay. We had 2 days of Rocephin for that. They also sent us home with antibiotics. One her followup two weeks later, she still had the ear infections so we had another shot of Rocephin and 10 days of Augmentin. I took her by the pediatrician's office today because she has had a fever all week. Guess what? Another shot of Rocephin and 10 days of Augmentin. Monday we go back to check them. If the ears are no better, we got Rocephin shots on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. All this has to happen before we can see an EENT according to our insurance.
Needless to say, I am beyond furious at this point. It is completely insane to think that some suit in a office somewhere is telling our pediatrician how to treat my children!!
No comments:
Post a Comment