Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Needs a title

Abbie had her tubes done Thursday of last week.  She did okay with the surgery, the doctor said that he found an abscess behind her ear drum.  She did not do well with the Versed.  Apparently, she nor I can handle this medicine.  She was incoherent but screaming for the first 45 minutes after surgery.  Once she finally calmed down, she slept for 3 hours.  She seems to be doing okay now except for this cough that she has picked up. 

Maggie's conference at school last week was between myself, her teacher and the principal.  Maggie has not been eating at school (lunch or breakfast) and has been throwing temper tantrums.  The teacher suggested that she could be autistic or Asperburger's although I explained to her that she had been tested and she was not either of those.  Maggie finishes her work much faster than her classmates and from what I can gather, is getting bored at school.  I have talked to several friends of mine who have suggested that we have her IQ tested for a gifted program or something akin to the sort.  We have been referred to 2 psychologists in Jackson and I am waiting on a return phone call. 

Got my car insurance taken care of this morning.  Josh had not paid it (it was in his name) and the coverage had lapsed.  It is now in my name and everything worked itself out.  Also, I spoke with the credit card company yesterday who is willing to work out a 5 year payment plan.  Waiting on confirmation that my student loans have been deferred.  Received our SNAP benefits lats week and have put them to good use already. 

Josh had the girls this weekend and they didn't seem to come back any worse for wear except a few scratches here and there.  No big happenings this week that I am aware of...Jackson State game on Saturday at MVSU, Grambling on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment