Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mid-Week Exhaustion

The reality of this undertaking has set in...Josh with some help from Will Sciple (thanks!) moved two loads of our things on Wednesday.  He also turned the electricity on and stayed last night in the house.  When I picked up Abbie yesterday, to my amazement, half of my clothes were gone.  P.S. For those who are unaware, I cleaned out my closet on Sunday but most of the clothes I kept don't really fit right now.  Time for a little math lesson - If you have a closet full of clothes and half of them don't fit, then someone removes half of the clothes in said closet, how many outfits do you have left to wear?  Answer - well, I found an shirt for today that was tolerable. 

Abbie and I went to Jackson yesterday to visit my great aunt - my maternal grandmother's sister.  She was boiling some beans last week on the stove.  She went to pick up the boiler and had a mild heart attack and dropped it.  She has second and third degree burns on both legs, groins and her buttocks.  They did the heart cath this morning and she has three blockages, so stents were out of the question.  Also, they can't debride the burns until they get her heart situated.  Really a big mess, but she seems in good spirits. 

Today, Mom and I went to Maudelle's retirement luncheon.  Had a good time.  Realized this week that I have enjoyed spending some time away from the office with other people. 

Update on the packing: crib needs to be broken down, toys and clothes need to be packed, kitchen needs to be boxed up.  Mainly the last minute things right now.  Plans to take the remaining items on Friday evening with the girls. 

Speaking of the girls, we are taking them for pictures this evening.  We do this every year at Maggie's birthday and Christmas.  Because of the chaos of the last week or so, I forgot about the pictures. 

Sheri, I have to come up on July 23-24-25 for a lab and again on August 20-21 for graduation.  Can't wait to see you and have coffee and french silk pie!

1 comment:

  1. Aug 20 and 21 we will be in Paducah! My college roommie is getting married!!!!!

    ReplyDelete