Lydia Allison Jacobs was born last Tuesday in Starkville. 8 pounds, 4.8 ounces, 18.5 inches with auburn-red hair. Maggie absolutely adores her, Abbie is still trying to figure her out. Terrific two's are NOT a good time to add a baby - just a word of advice...Anyway, Lydia is doing well, almost back up to birth weight but keeps a constant case of the hiccoughs.
Maggie has decided to camp out or move in (I'm not sure which) with Mamaw and Papaw. She has been there since May 27th. I am hoping that she comes home sometime this weekend. She has a day camp next week at her school and two weeks of swimming lessons after that.
Abbie is going to daycare each day. I am looking forward to changing daycares in August. We will be going to the Episcopal church here in town and Abbie will be in a structured preschool for the better part of the day. Maybe the regimen/routine will help calm her down!
As for me, no staples this time, just dissolving stitches. I am doing as well as could be expected. The inability to drive is mind-numbing, but I only have a few more days. There is a lady staying with me and Lydia at the house 3 days a week. She cooks and cleans and lets me sleep (the biggest plus!). Summer school starts up in July four days a week in the mornings, so that will keep me occupied until school starts back.
We have a trip to Vanderbilt for our yearly checkups on July 4th weekend. Not sure how traveling with all the kids will work, but we don't really have a choice. Two weeks of vacation bible school after that, a week off, and then school starts for all 3 girls.
Where has the summer gone?
No comments:
Post a Comment